Sunday, March 13, 2011

My Letter to the Defense


Here is what I do not understand. You know you did wrong. You made a mistake. You failed us. You have implemented a new policy because of it. 

But instead of trying to make it better for us you continue to cause us pain. Now instead of just admitting it, you feel it necessary to drag us through this ugliness. 

You want to suggest that this accident could have been caused by my daughter. You say you can’t be sure what her state of mind was that day. I knew her well. I’ll tell you what her state of mind was that day.


It was…….

I want to feel better so that I can return to school and continue my educational journey so that I can provide for my wonderful, joyous daughter.

I want to celebrate her first year of life, I want to continue my life no matter what it has in store for me. 

I want to get married and have more children. 

I want to be a part of the family that I am blessed to be in. 

I want to enjoy all my friends and make many new ones. 

I want to help others, like they have helped me. 

I want to feel better so I can do all this and so much more. 

That’s what her state of mind was.


Why are you choosing to continue this pain? I just want this to be over so that we may still have a chance to pick up the pieces we have left and continue our lives the best we can. When will you let us do that? When will we have suffered enough for your mistake?

Amanda’s mom

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you Molly that is what she thought. She loved her family so much. I never met a person so close with there Mom. I loved your relationship with Amanda and your boys. She was a very determined person. She must have been so weak that day and just because she could keep 7 up down doesn't mean that the medication they gave her wouldn't affect her while driving. She wasn't a big person so it would definitely affect her. I've taken that medicine and it affected me. I can't believe that they could say that this could have been her fault. She left because a Doctor told her that she was fine to go. She trusted the Doctor as most Patients do. And the Doctor failed her and her baby. I don't want this to happen to anyone else and all I want is Amanda and Jazmine back but that will never happen. I've lost 3 people because of doctors faults. I just wish Doctors could understand how a small mistake can cost someone there life. It's just not fair. ATTENTION to DETAIL DOCTORS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Molly, you probably can't send this letter, or any other one to the doctor right now. But, I hope that some day in the future that you can do so. I think it will help with your healing very much. To let this man know your pain, and to ask him to take responsibility. Just his owning up to his part in their deaths will probably do so much to ease your sadness. I am so sorry that you have had to endure this. I love you and my heart breaks for you to lose your only daughter and your grandchild.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your memories, ideas, thoughts and experiences. Comments are moderated. Your comment will appear on the blog as soon as we can review it.
Your support and interest in our case are truly appreciated.